Water pump is repaired, but not yet on. If there are no bad surprises tomorrow morning, we should be on our way to Saba.
Wind were not always ideal, and a big swell from the north made life a little harder, but we arrived in St-Maarten at noon.
Underway, while struggling to do 4 knots, we were passed by Topaz, a J8, doing 11 knots.
Wind forecast is just about right, checking out tomorrow for St Maarten.
BVI s have been great, except for internet access.
We took it easy for Christmas.
Now we are doing our let shopping for the next trip, the up wind leg to Tortola, BVI.
It is not that far, but can take quite some time. Wind are not going to be light either, but the that is what it is.
Went into the marina to get the dieseltank cleaned. That included adding an inspection hole.
Waiting for a cap to be fabricated.
Installed a new radar reflector this morning.
Left right after a rain shower when all was calm.
Sails went up smoothly, winds were a bit too light for the small Yankee sail. But as the night went on this turned to be the right choice because this was my first sail to Bonaire without having to put in a reef.
About 2 in the morning we came in the lee of Bonaire and it became a smooth sail. Just had to make an extra tack to not arrive before sun rise.
Check in was simple too, so we are all set for a good time.
After a weekend of unsuccessfull outboard repairs and given the fact that you can’t get Honda parts on the island I bit the bullet and bought a new outboard yesterday.
The dingy also needed some patching, I hope that my repair has some lifetime in it.
Plan if to do the checkout formalities today and to sail tomorrow afternoon to Bonaire.
That will always be an upwind sail, but the forecast is for about 15 knots of wind, which is about as little as it gets.
Link for tracking: https://share.garmin.com/MorningLight